Smart Fibres is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on your particular enquiry. This could be from when you engage us to supply you with Smart Fibres product/services or by simply visiting our website.
As a result of your enquiry we may need certain information in order for us to proceed. This information will vary but will predominantly consist of the following:
- Full Name and Job title
- Company name
- Contact information (Telephone number, email address, business address)
- Bank account details
- Photographic identification (passports etc)
- Your IP address
- Confirmation of pages you visited on our website and when you accessed them
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a high-quality service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To enable us to supply you with the services and information you have requested.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence you supply to us, including personally identifiable information. This information will be used to help us provide you with a more efficient service should you contact us in the future.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
Any personal data we retain will be processed & managed within the correct legal basis stated under the GDPR law:
- Consent of the individual (e.g. using data for marketing purposes)
- Contractual necessity (to fulfil any contractual obligations entered into)
- Legal Compliance (to comply with common law or statutory obligation)
- Vital Interests (to protect the vital interests of an individual)
- Public Interests (in the exercise of official authority e.g public functions)
- Legitimate interests (using data which is reasonably expected & would cause minimal impact)
Under GDPR guidelines you have the right to:
- To be informed: We will be clear and transparent with any personal data we obtain.
- Access any information: You have the right to request copies of any personal data held.
- Rectify information: You have the right to rectify any inaccurate data or complete any data that is incomplete.
- Erase information: You have the right to have personal data erased where:
- Personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose to which it was originally collected
- You withdraw consent from Smart Fibres holding your personal data
- You have justification to object us to use your personal data (right to object below)
- Data has been processed unlawfully
- To comply with legal obligation
- Restrict information: Where processing is restricted Smart Fibres will be permitted to store the personal data but not use it. This is not an absolute right and will only apply in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of data is contested and Smart Fibres are verifying the accuracy of the information provided
- Data is unlawfully processed but the request is to restrict rather than erase
- Data is no longer required but individual requires information to be kept to exercise of defend a legal claim
- An individual objects to information being used but Smart Fibres are considering whether there is legitimate grounds to use this information
- Object the use of information: Where information is processed based upon legitimate interests or a performance of a task in the public interest then an individual can object the use of such information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue
If you would like to request any of the above rights, then this can be done by informing us of your request at [email protected] or calling +44 1344 484111
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you provide us with consent to do so.
We are obligated by legislation and other regulatory requirements to store certain information. The retention period will vary with applicable legislation but this is typically 6 years from the end of the financial year. Information will only be removed within this period should any of the above rights have overriding legal precedent.
Any Smart Fibres employees who have access to your information have a duty of confidentiality which is governed by Smart Fibres internal policies.
3rd Party Service Providers
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use 3rd party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services that we have been contracted to deliver and all 3rd parties will be aware of their obligation to keep all pertinent information confidential.
Please be assured that we will not release your information to 3rd parties unless required to deliver the contract we have with you, you have permitted us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime, fraud or corruption.
At Smart Fibres we are committed to ensuring that your information is as secure as possible, however, this cannot be guaranteed, so when information is provided to us it is done so at your own risk. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We take the security of your data very seriously and in the event of a data breach of any kind then we will take the required measures to ensure this is promptly rectified.
Smart Fibres website is a great source to provide all users with new updates and general information about our business. It also allows individuals to make enquiries via the Contact Us facility. Any details required to complete an enquiry will be subject to the GDPR standard.
Whenever you are asked to fill in the Contact Us page on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you give consent to Smart Fibres to use the information provided for direct marketing purposes.
(This application will be available from w/c 04/06/18. Until this tick box is live please leave your consent within the enquiry field on the Contact Us page)
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] or calling +44 1344 484111
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites & Social Media applications
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and social media applications. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Smart Fibres may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so please check it regularly for updates. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information. If you do have any complaints then please contact: Email: [email protected] Tel: +44 1344 380069
Spectrum House, Brants Bridge, Bracknell, RG12 9BG, United Kingdom
In turn, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns Tel: +44 303 123 1113 (Local rate) or +44 1625 545 745
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom